Looking back, it’s not always the biggest gigs that warm your heart and soul. Although it’s been amazing to play some fab gigs across the world, with some great people, here are the gigs that have the best feel good vibe when looking back and here’s why:
1. The Basement in Sydney Australia: This fabulous place, which was on Macquarie Street Sydney for many years, was THE place to play. The cool vibe, where all the best musos got to play- the likes of Nigel Kennedy, Prince and anyone with chops. It wasn’t easy to get a gig there, and we all dreamed of playing there. On one of my last gigs in Sydney before moving to Canada, I got to play to a sold out audience. The great sound, the intimacy of the room, just can’t beat it!
2. An outdoor festival on a summer’s day in Langley British Columbia Canada… a super friendly engaged crowd that participated and had fun, who can ask for more?
3. Playing at the Calgary Stampede, Alberta Canada- my first time around horses AND my violin together, an unusual combination, first time in cowboy boots with a super loud, ready to party kind of vibe from a massive audience!
4. The Jack Singer Concert Hall with Pavlo, again in Calgary Alberta Canada! We were fortunate to be White Hatted by Tourism Calgary (it’s kind of like the key to the city). This was one fun gig- Pavlo is a truly amazing performer, and has taught me so much about being ready for anything on stage. The most fun!!
5. Last but certainly not least… at Covo di Nord Est, Portofino Italy. one of the most beautiful places on earth, a fab club, beautiful summer’s day. So much fun!
Grateful, and cannot WAIT for my shoulder to recover to resume performances! Happy Summer friends!